PLC's (Getting Started)

hsgulamh

H
Hello Everyone-

I am an engineering student in MI, and would like to start learning PLC's in my freetime. I have ordered the book thats available on this site but I would like to get a PLC package (hardware/software) that I can use to play around and learn preferebly an Allen Bradley. Does anyone know of a cheap learning package available out there ???

Any help will be appreciated..
thanks,
Huzefa-

If you want to go with Allen Bradley, I think the cheapest way to get started is with a 10-point MicroLogix 1000 controller. The starter software is free for this particular model... (y)

HERE'S a link.

beerchug

-Eric

I don't have too much information .. but I have a simulator on my computer called Bytronic Ladsim. I don't know how to come upon it but I doubt it expensive. I find it to be a good program to work on for beginners. I was given it to use to make lesson plans for a high school class... Not useful .. but maybe if you do a search on the web for it you might find something. Another resource I find incredible is a book by Max Rabiee called Programmable Logic Controllers: Hardware and Programming published by the goodheart-willcox company