Powerflex 753 Cable and Software

I'm having trouble figuring out what cable I need to connect to a Powerflex 753 to get the parameters out of it.

These VFDs are not connected to a PLC. We are using discrete I/O to control them.

It also appears that there are 2 programs to use to connect.

If anyone has any comments regarding which software is the best. I would be interested in that.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I think you may need to have the Ethernet/IP option board (part number is escaping me at the moment) installed to make a connection. If there is one installed you can connect with a computer and use either RSLogix/Logix Designer or Connected Components Workbench (CCW) which is a free option.

EDIT: Part number is 20-750-ENETR

Regarding the software you can either use DriveExplorer, DriveExecutive or Connected Components Workbench.
For the cable either:
1203-SSS but your PC needs to have a serial port or
1203-USB.
you can also upload the parametrs if the drive is networked to DeviceNet, ControlNet or
EtherNet/IP

For more information check the following link from Rockwell knowledgbase
PowerFlex 4/5 and 7-Class AC Drive: Uploading/Downloading Parameters (CCW)
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46232

Last edited: