Powerflex 753 Enetr Ethernet card

Saplcguy

I have a Powerflex 753 and a control logix 5000. I have configured my drive into my control logix tree via Ethernet. I am not controlling my drive via Ethernet but I am viewing tags such a Hz,amps etc. The problem I am having is if my Ethernet connection is lost the drive faults. Just wondering if I can keep the drive from faulting with a parameter change

Thanks

Do you have the VFD's manual? Look for the Fault Action parameter. By default, that parameter is set to fault; you can change it to hold last speed (of course, you need to evaluate if that's a safe condition in your process).

UPDATE:
In any case, you need to evaluate what's happening with the communications.

Last edited:
I have a manual and it looks like parameter 865 is the fault action for port 0. I did not know if I could use that since that parameter is talking about the HIM and my Enet card is in port 6. The problem I had was my Enet switch port went bad and the drive faulted. Since I am using hard wired controls for stop and start I wanted to keep the drive from faulting in case it happened again

Thanks for the reply

I have a manual and it looks like parameter 865 is the fault action for port 0. I did not know if I could use that since that parameter is talking about the HIM and my Enet card is in port 6. The problem I had was my Enet switch port went bad and the drive faulted. Since I am using hard wired controls for stop and start I wanted to keep the drive from faulting in case it happened again

Thanks for the reply

So, the drive is set to fault if it loses connection to the HIM. Which makes sense if you're controlling the drive from the HIM - no HIM, no means of stopping the drive.

As you're not controlling it from the HIM, you can disable this fault.

There will be another parameter for setting the fault action on all of the other ports, including port 6. Find and set that one the same way - if the ethernet is purely for monitoring, and all of the control is hardwired, there should be no problems with doing this.