Problem with ActiveX and Intouch

jrespinozah

Hi everyone!

I'm currently creating a window in Wonderware InTouch (WindowMaker) and I'm trying to implement a common dialog control.
I select the wizard/activeX installation in the activeX control tab and install the microsoft common dialog control version 6.0.
After that I go to the wizard/ActiveX menu and select the common dialog from the activeX controls. When I place it on the window all I get is an empty rectangle. When I click on it I see only a properties tag but no event tag.
When I try to insert it into a script, I can see the dialog I just placed ("CommonDialog1" for example) but no methods to select.
If I type something like:
#CommonDialog1.ShowOpen();
I get an error: "Invalid reference or unknown ocx"

I have a comdlg.dll, comdlg32.dll and comdlg32.ocx in the system32 folder. I have also registered the comdlg32.ocx with regsvr32.exe but nothing worked.

anyone know how to fix this? o_O

thanxs!

Check out "Tech Support Script Function Library" from Wonderware support. This library contains many useful functions, like FileSelect() that corresponds with ShowOpen.

Last edited:
Hello,

You could try installing Visual studio or creating a ActiveX 'wrapper' for the control.

Good luck

Stu

o_O