Problem with HIPROM HP-TIME and RSLogix 5000

peterpan405

I write also to communicate some problems with the 1756HP-TIME module of HIPROM.
In particular:
• The manual "Integrater Architecture and CIP Sync Configuration" Rockwell Automation (p. 98), states that the minimum revision of the firmware for the HP-TIME module is 3.0, but that version of the firmware is available to download from the web page official "http://www.hiprom.com/Pages/Products/1756_CLX/1756HP-TIME/web/1756HP-TIME.htm";
• There are problems on all machines on which it was tested, opening the configuration module HP-TIME in RSLogix 5000, in particular the software crashes open the tab "TimeSync" as shown in 'image attached.

Thanking for the availability

Sincerely

cccc.jpg

can you post a link to RA publication that states 3.0 FW?

the latest firmware of 1756-TIME is 2.02.04 and it works with Add-On profile 2.01.10

Once you have these, to see CIP sync data you must enable CIP SYNC under "configuration" tab first

Also remember that module does not do CIP SYNC via backplane like EN2T does. You technically must have ethernet connection between EN2T and TIME to get time to the processor

can you post a link to RA publication that states 3.0 FW?

the latest firmware of 1756-TIME is 2.02.04 and it works with Add-On profile 2.01.10

Once you have these, to see CIP sync data you must enable CIP SYNC under "configuration" tab first

Also remember that module does not do CIP SYNC via backplane like EN2T does. You technically must have ethernet connection between EN2T and TIME to get time to the processor

Hi thank you very much for your answer!

As you've explained above, I've been able to sync the CPU only using the EN2T module.
About the firmware, you can find the pubblication in the following link http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/at/ia-at003_-en-p.pdf

Se for example page 12, 94, 98 ect...

Thank you again

Sincerely

I am pretty sure that FW 3 is mistake
I will check with my sources and get back to you on that

My module FW 2 is in simulation mode and with CIP SYNC enabled it becomes the system grandmaster over Ethernet without any changes in default parameters.
Make sure you leave Priority 1 as default on all modules

From that moment all EN2T should take it as a master and propagate time to the processor.

If this does not work, then I recommend you to contact your regional RA support center so they can ferify profile rev, and configuration settings.

Without details I can't say what you are doing wrong.
Can you post screenshots of all tabs?
Please ZIP them first so we can see details

Last edited:
I am pretty sure that FW 3 is mistake
I will check with my sources and get back to you on that

My module FW 2 is in simulation mode and with CIP SYNC enabled it becomes the system grandmaster over Ethernet without any changes in default parameters.
Make sure you leave Priority 1 as default on all modules

From that moment all EN2T should take it as a master and propagate time to the processor.

If this does not work, then I recommend you to contact your regional RA support center so they can ferify profile rev, and configuration settings.

Without details I can't say what you are doing wrong.
Can you post screenshots of all tabs?
Please ZIP them first so we can see details

Now all works!!! The Rockwell software no longer crashes!!!

Thank you very much for your attention!!!