Problems with 1747-UIC and 5/02

One more thing that I just remembered.
I have a 1761-net-aic in the line.
1761-net-aic.jpg

This is how I have my connections:
1. 2711-NC14 to HMI PanelView (ignore if you have No HMI)
2. 1761-CBL-PM02 to Laptop Serial Port (1747 UIC)
3. 1761-CBL-AS03 to SLC 5/02 RJ485 Port

You need to use the driver RS232 - DF1 for a UIC.

Then give it a Name ie UIC

Then pick from the drop down in RSLinx 1770-KE/1747-KE.

Rockwells Install Instructions are available here, it explains it better than me!

quick note to Christoph ... normally the SLC-5/02 DOES use the PIC module just as you said ... but in cases where the programming computer doesn't have a built-in serial port, the new UIC module is the best way to go ... that's what these guys are up against in this thread ...

Netquirk:
I purchased a 1747-UIC converter a few years ago from the local A/B distributor. Same problems U are having. To make a long story short- The firmware was outdated in the UIC ! It would not talk to the new processor I had just purchased. This is typical of A/B & Rockwell software. I am sure that you know that A/B has customer support, but you must anti up to play with them. I have been an OEM designing & building special plant machinery since 1980 & have purchased thousands $'s. But if I don,t keep paying that $315/yr, they will not even answer the simplest question. Please don't misunderstand, the company makes a good reliable PLC, but they take extreme pride in developing special communication protocals that will only work with their hardware.

Working!!!!!

Tahnk you for all your help and suggestions. The system finally works. The main problem was with defective 1747-UICs of the 6 I have 4 were bad (failed to communicate with PLC) With the other two I was able to communicate cleanly.

Final configuration was:

RSLinx Lite 2.5
Standard settings as noted in messages above with CRC error checking and node 00 (Screen Capture included in previous post except possibly Node number set to 01)

The 5/02 is apparently locked onto Node 01 on the 485 interface

Straight-through Ethernet Cable used (Tried several lengths no problem)

Thank You again

Jim Magee AKA NetQuirk