ProfibusDP Diagnostics

Joe_WaZoo

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I have a TURCK ProfibusDP AIM station FLDP-IM-16-0001 that has two bits used for Diagnostics. I am using a Siemens TI505 PLC with the 545 card for ProfibusDP (Maybe not all that correct on the mpodel numbers). I can see the input data from the station but I can not access the Diagnostic info. The GSD file shows that info to be available but how can I get to that added info?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Regards,
Joe_WaZoo

You want to read a slave's diagnostics?
Stab in the dark here, but it sounds like a job for the Read Slave Diagnostics (RSD) instruction. Single box instruction with three parameters : slave number; starting address for where you want the retrieved data to be stored in the CPU; and number of words to be retrieved.

You've also got Status Words 232 thru 238 where a bit in these 7 words will correspond to one of 112 slaves that the 545 CPU will support. If the bit is set it indicates that there is a diagnostic message to be retrieved using the RSD instruction. Or else you can ignore these and execute the RSD every scan - your call.
The arrangement of the bits and words goes -

STW232 LSB = Profibus Slave 001
STW232 MSB = Profibus Slave 016
STW233 LSB = Profibus Slave 017
STW233 MSB = Profibus Slave 032 etc

Remember that TI numbered bits so that MSB = 1 and LSB = 16, so if you wanted a contact to drive the RSD that corresponded to slave 001, you would use the address STW232.16

Regards

Ken