ProficyME 7.0 -Move Project to other Laptop

keithkyll

Security makes it difficult to bring my laptop into lab. Proficy loaded to a new computer. Program uploaded from PLC. Variable names imported.
That gave me everything except rung comments.
Did edits.

Copied 'Build' folder to thumb drive, and put files on my laptop's 'Build' folder.
Proficy ME 7.0 doesn't see it.

1) How do you move projects (or edits) between computers?
2) What if they have different names?
3) How do I restore from a "Backup' ?
4) How do I export/import rung comments?

1. With Backup and Restore.
If I am upgrading PME, I will copy the folder and paste after the install. It is much faster. You have to copy the entire folder and paste to the same location.

2. You can rename it after the restore. You might have to delete one to rename the same.

3. Right-Click on the "My Computer" icon at the top of the list of projects in PME. Select Restore and follow the prompts.

4. I don't know of a way to import/export comments.

1. With Backup and Restore.
If I am upgrading PME, I will copy the folder and paste after the install. It is much faster. You have to copy the entire folder and paste to the same location.

2. You can rename it after the restore. You might have to delete one to rename the same.

3. Right-Click on the "My Computer" icon at the top of the list of projects in PME. Select Restore and follow the prompts.

4. I don't know of a way to import/export comments.
Details for 1. above, before you can "Restore" you need to "Backup"
To Backup, go to the Navigator window and in the 'Manager' Tab Right-Click your project and select 'Back Up...' This builds a '.zip' file that you can easily transport and 'Restore' using the steps in bullet 3. above.

4. Only way I know is to copy-n-paste one at a time. You could batch this with Notepad if needed. Or upgrade to an RX3i which stores everything in the CPU.

Last edited: