Program Change Detection with Portal

JDCROCKETT724

Is there a way I can detect a change in the PLC program, and flag a bit if one is detected. I found that there is a FB that is called Prog_Check for V5.5, but I don't see anything for portal.

https://support.industry.siemens.co...tia-portal-v11-v12/105704/?page=0&pageSize=10

I've done the same thing with AB plc's and it comes in handy. When ever a change is detected I create a date/time stamp and record the last 20 changes. It is a great way to determine if the customer was messing around with the program when the machine "Suddenly" stops working. It's nice to know if it is a bug that we missed or something they did. You still have to run a compare tool on the program to see if what they did caused the issue, but it does tell you if they were in the PLC around the time is stopped working.

Last edited:
If you're using Portal for an S7-300, the method outlined in your link should still work. In the properties, you can also see checksums for the individual blocks.

In a 1500, I know you can get the checksum of the safety program, but I'm not sure if you can access anything for the standard program. I don't even think you can see checksums offline. Maybe V14?

However, portal does at least have the online/offline compare, so you should be able to quickly see where the project is different. Still need your computer to do it though :/