PV800 access config menu

kosuke85

Hello all,

I have a PanelView 800, HMI Terminal 4" and I need to get out of the autorun program so I can change the application it is running. The program that currently runs on it doesn't have a button or anything to allow me to exit it. So, I tried using a USB keyboard and pressing ctrl,alt,shift and windows key with no luck. Then, I tried pressing the F1 key on the screen at startup and again while it was fully loaded and that didn't do anything either. I found another thread here on the forum where the use of an autorun file could be an option. I tried the two versions in the thread, but both of them, when I plug the USB drive into the screen, I get a prompt that says "autorun failed". Anyone have any ideas on what I might be doing wrong or any alternative methods?

If you have an older firmware you can connect via Ethernet and point a browser at the unit's IP address. You can then access configuration options in the browser, including the ability to stop the current application which should get you to the config page on the terminal itself.

According to the manual, support for the web browser was dropped as of firmware 3.011 though.

Is there a reason you can't just download a program with an exit to configuration button?

Last edited:
Have you tried poking around the various screens in blank areas? Alot of times, the config button will be "hidden".