Question & answer

Kind of cheeky calling himself PLC user.
I don't agree. You can use PLCs in different ways. In the early days of this site we have been exploring the possible use of PLCs and came up with some very interesting suggestions...

I would call it cheeky if he would be calling himself PLC programmer.

Kind regards,

LS1 +-TASK1------+ MOTOR
-----] [--------+ +-----( )---
| |
LS2 | |
-----] [--------+ |
| |
Encoder | |
-----] [--------+ |
| |
Start | |
-----] [--------+ |
| |
EStop | |
-----] [--------+ |
+------------+

LS1 +-TASK1------+ MOTOR
-----] [--------+ +-----( )---
| |
LS2 | |
-----] [--------+ |
| |
Encoder | |
-----] [--------+ |
| |
Start | |
-----] [--------+ |
| |
EStop | |
-----] [--------+ |
+------------+

Where's your stop button, would never work in a month of Friday's !!!

Oughta run just fine - stopping may be a question though.
That is what the E stop is for. Seems to be common practice based on what I have seen - wrong application for an E stop.

I did that once BTW wired refer compressor controls - test ran fine but completely forgot about method to shut it down. Back to the drawing board - OOPS.

I not with interest and some humor the OP has not responded much. Seems to be the case with "do my work for me" types ??

Dan Bentler

No stop button was listed in the problem parameters, only an emergency stop.

It appears though that I inadvertently did the first step of the OP's homework for him though, I listed the inputs and outputs. šŸ™ƒ

Last edited:
No stop button was listed in the problem parameters, only an emergency stop.

It appears though that I inadvertently did the first step of the OP's homework for him though, I listed the inputs and outputs. šŸ™ƒ

He would have not understood it, but now that u pointed it out he will see it..

if he is asking some one to do his home work he will not be able to say if you did it right and correct you

It's a perpetual motion machine! Once started it can only be stopped using your brand new pair of linesmans, and/or some poor millwrights screwdriver that you "found" lying around...

(no I do not condone these practices, but they certainly do happen)

Last edited:
yeah ... if the phone rings you're "self-employed" ... and if it doesn't, you're "un-employed" ...

wait till you reach the stage where you ask yourself:

"If a REAL boss treated me the way I treat myself, would I put up with it - or slam the door on the way out?" ...
You forgot about the fun-employed days. They are the best! Talk to you tomorrow Ron