question regarding Beckhoff PC based control

Archie said:
On that Omron software, one quirk that I did not like was that you could write FB's in structured text, but it would not let you online monitor the code which made it more difficult to troubleshoot the code. That was back in version 5 on a CS1, so maybe they fixed that in the later versions.
Hello Archie,
Yes, this was available from v6.1 (monitor of Ladder and ST FBs) - friendlyfire should have v7.2 if the demo is the latest version.
There will be many other enhancements since v5!
Nesting FBs, Online edit of FBs, Structured Text and / or Sequential Function Chart at task level (CS / CJ only), enhancements to ST language in Task or FB (notably support for STRING types and operations), arrays of symbols at a Global level, added VAR_IN_OUT, to name a few.
(Disclaimer here - Yes, I do have a vested interest in the Omron brand! (y) )

Hi guys, in the end I did go with a Beckhoff solution. I am using a BK9000 ethernet bus coupler and a couple of i/o terminals including a fancy KL2521 pulse output terminal. It is starting to come together except I am really unclear on the best way to program the registers of the KL2521 from my ST code. I could use a good example or a nudge in the right direction...