Quick Question - Error on the rung

JohnHenry

So I did this simple Function Block, pretty simple, and yet it keeps giving me this error, after a bunch of failed combinations the error persists, without telling me whats wrong. And therefore won't even allow me to download the program to the PLC (CJ2M CPU31) or even simulate.

I heard it's a simple thing to fix but I really dont know how to, since I'm quite new to this.

Here's the function block itself in the picture and the programming inside it, although since it gives me no errors, i don't think that would be the problem

error.jpg error1.jpg

I would try the following:
Remove the branches after the P_On contact. The subsequent inputs would go directly to the left hand side. Since they are connected to the left side it is already implied to be on.

Just a thought.
Regards,

Hey gclshortt thanks for taking the time to answer me,

That is how i had it before and it still kept the error. The P_On needs to be there to control the execution of the FB. I've tried taking it off as well either way and the error still persists.

My colleague says it's some nitpicking bug the cx-programmer software has, but he doesnt know how to remove it either.

error3.jpg

I'm still not getting what error you are talking about, as far as I see, there are no errors on your screenshots?
There must be a compiler output window not shown?

Try removing P_on and W0.05 from EN and ENO and the empty rungs at the end.

Is it me or is the function block called Ricardo's Cousin? :)

I haven't used CX programmer in 15 years, but could it be a verify function button in CX Programmer that will allow it to run?

Your logic doesn't make sense either and is also likely the problem. It doesn't make sense because if P_On is false, the function won't process and therefore the state of the inputs aren't evaluated. If so, you won't need to worry about their state.

Why I think it doesn't work is that (in my limited experience) is that you have some "complex" logic in all your inputs. Again, I'm not knowledgeable about OMRON but the way you have your inputs is odd to me (mostly used to Siemens and Rockwell).
Try to have P_On only on the enable and P_On in series with each Input of the function instead of the way you put it and check if it works.

From a 5 minute check in Google, I can't see a single example where you can put a ladder instruction as an input to a function... generally the input is a variable, not the state of the ladder logic, but I'm not an expert.

Last edited:

Man I know im getting old but how in the hell can you even see it... I have a 30in monitor and cant see anything you guys are talking about, its to small for me to even look at the numbers, I can make out parts of the logic

Guess I need new glasses :eek:

Hello cardosocea, yes you'd be right! It's just a little joke since it's still in testing mode.

The error I'm getting is : ERROR: The Function Block Input Parameter at rung 4 (3, 3) is missing.

Which is basically complaining that the inputs don't count as input parameters, even tough the FB inputs are set to be Boolean.

Since when I'm making the FB, and setting the inputs, it doesn't allow me to put an adress on those inputs, it must be because they're external to the FB right? And that's why those inputs are there, they correspond to some digital inputs.

P_On is basically a pulse function that carries the flag "Always on", I've used a closed contact, or no contact at all, and I always get the same.

Once I press the button corresponding to one of the inputs, that should set the corresponding input of the FB as True, and so on and so forth (The FB programming isn't giving me any errors). It's something really basic just to test the software and I'm stuck in such a simple thing.

Man I know im getting old but how in the hell can you even see it...

I'm Portuguese... and zoomed in to the picture. I couldn't quite see the r in the word prima, but it couldn't be anything else.

Can you put a screenshot of the options we listed? Don't et me wrong, but I find that pictures are better than words.

Your error code lists Rung 4... but the image shows rung 24.

Last edited:
I got it everyone!
Instead of clicking with the mouse, by pressing enter it lets me input the parameters! Had to read the manual to figure that out.

Thanks everyone, mission complete. :site: (y)

error4.jpg