Random Numbers Generator for RSLogix5000

bbopn

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone have any representative code they're willing to share that will will generate some random numbers?

I'm playing around with RSEmulate5000 and RSLogix5000 and I need some "random" output.

Thanks for your help in advance!

--Bobby

Alaric said:
Try using the forum search fuction. There have been dozens of threads on different ways to do this, so that is probably the best way to get the most information.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/search.php?searchid=715109

Thanks for your quick reply.... I did do a search before I posted a new thread for "random numbers." What I'm running into is "aged" links in previous posts that are broken and dead ends

--Bobby

This link provides a list of linear XOR feedback shift registers which produce pseudo randum numbers. Maybe it will help. My post in the first of the referenced threds implemented a 16 bit version of this. If you would like help with ladder coding let me know.

Nothing broken in this post. And although it might be "aged" (the ZX Sinclair where I got my formula from is), it still works. The program works with 16-bit numbers and the Logix5000 family is perfectly capable of working with 16-bit numbers, so I don't see any problem.

BTW, "aged" is not necessary the same as "of no use". A lot of the members here do prove this.

Kind regards,