Read GV3000 Drive Status with RSLogix5000 over Controlnet

WebRanger

I need to read Drive status from 10 GV3000/SE drives. I am using ControlLogix processor @ V13.31 and the path is via ControlNet. I see plenty on MSG examples to perform various reads but nothing yet on how to configure the MSG Control Block for these devices.

Any comments will be appreciated?

Speaking of GC3000/SE drives on a ControlNet, I am also experiencing very intermittent NCL errors on my drives but RSLinx shows no errors occuring and the Station Diags for all the nodes contain zeros in the error entries. 5 of 10 drives fail, always the same 5 and at exactly the same instant?

Any diagnostic suggestions?

Last edited:
Gv3000

I can't answer your question, but was just checking in for some info on the GV3000. I have a single drive that is giving me a HU fault (High DC voltage) I was looking to see if there is a way to install a braking resistor.

WebRanger said:
I need to read Drive status from 10 GV3000/SE drives. I am using ControlLogix processor @ V13.31 and the path is via ControlNet. I see plenty on MSG examples to perform various reads but nothing yet on how to configure the MSG Control Block for these devices.

I have only done this from a PLC5, so I will have to defer on the details of the control block for controllogix.

WebRanger said:
I am also experiencing very intermittent NCL errors on my drives but RSLinx shows no errors occuring and the Station Diags for all the nodes contain zeros in the error entries. 5 of 10 drives fail, always the same 5 and at exactly the same instant?

Any diagnostic suggestions?

Your errors would appear in the controlnet status words in the PLC processor...not necessarily visible on RSlinx (or did you mean RSNetworx?)

NCL errors on a single drive, in my experience were usually caused by a failing comm card in the drive (especially with the bookshelf style European drives). Having multiple drives fail at the same time tends to incriminate the cabling, taps, or any repeaters that you may have.