Red Lion .CSV logging capability question

Since this was bumped recently, I'll tack on to have you all confirm my understanding of these data logger fields.

I have a process that generates very few log points ~20/day and I need to log in a triggered fashion. However, I need them to be logged without too much delay.

Question 1) Does the update rate have any bearing on when triggered snapshots are serviced? Or is the data logged on the scan it sees the false to true transition? (with 1 second min log spacing)

Guess 1) The length of time between new log file creations in triggered mode is "each file holds" (samples) * "update rate" (secs). So if I wanted a new log file each week I could set update rate to 60 secs and each file holds 10080.

Question 2) Is there a maximum file size for log files? While my triggers are infrequent, they each capture a lot of data points.