Red Lion G304k000

icc1john

I just found a G304K000 hiding in my cabinet. Can this be programmed using Crimson 3.0 - or do I have to use 2.0 ??
Obviously the commissioning cable I have for the 304k200 won't work...

That's awesome, I just converted my 304k200 program to the 304k000 - I'm really starting to like the Red Lions... Now if I can only find a cable to download to it...

Thanks !!

That cable I think is for the K200, this is a K000, I found a thread that listed HMI8 to PC3 and HMI7 to PC2, which I did - makes sense, the manual for the 304K000 shows the 7 & 8 for 232, but for some reason, I still can't communicate with it.
I flipped the switches and reset it, but just can't seem to commission it.

For quick and easy cables, I use the ASI interface modules. They saved me many times in a pinch.
IMDS09M.gif

It comes up "Download database via USB" and "checking device model", then after a few seconds, ERROR unable to open communications port

I believe the "unable to open communications port" message indicates that the problem is not with the G304 but with your PC's serial port. Do you have the correct serial port selected in Crimson? Could anything be hogging the port? (RSLinx is famous for this)

EDIT: After re-reading your post I believe the problem is that you have USB selected in the Link > Options window. You need to select COM1 through COM4.

Ah-ha, ok, verified in device manager that the Prolific USB adapter is on port 1 and operating normally on Com1, set the option to Com1, now the error I get is "no acklowledge from target device".

Is the G3 blank or is it running a previous database? If it has a previous database the programming port could be configured as something else so you might want to try and clear the file.

Thanks
Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy, it did have a previous database in it - it was a spare for a custom machine that has gone to a better place... I reset the device (using the 2 switches) and it now reads "Invalid Database". Is it still possible that the programming port is configured to something else ??
Thanks,
JD

No Joy, port must be damaged..."no acknowledge from target device". Is there any way to program via the plc port (pins 6 and 9) ??