Red Lion G310C Extract

Dave,

Laptop's don't have the best grounding, so remotely floating neutrals seem to causes USB issues.

It has to do with the CF controller that we chose. We did not realize that there could be problems like this during the design phase.

Regards,
Dan

I find that using a shielded USB cable makes a big difference connecting to the HMI. I found that an unshielded cable would give me download and other communication errors on a regular basis.

Giz

DanYost said:
Dave,

Laptop's don't have the best grounding, so remotely floating neutrals seem to causes USB issues.

It has to do with the CF controller that we chose. We did not realize that there could be problems like this during the design phase.

Regards,
Dan

Weird, never had that issue (yet!) although as like Giz99 i use a shielded usb cable.

I also have an rs232 isolator that helps on rs232 issues (have these with ssd drives and rcd's) that i got from GIT, works very well.

I'm using a 128MB EDGE CompactFlash. Would anybody give me a specific model that works for sure?
I'm planning to buy this one: Sandisk, 2 GB UltraII CompactFlash Card, but I want to be sure that it will work.
http://www.pcconnection.com/IPA/Shop/Product/Detail.htm?sku=8300315
Manufacturer description:It boasts a minimum of 10MB/second sequential read speed for fast image viewing and data tranfer. A minimum 9MB/second sequential write speed lets you capture large image files faster. Its low power consumption helps preserve the battery life of your device.
Will this work?

I havent tried that card (Ultra series) but my guess would be NO as its one of the high speed cards.

You need the Sandisk standard card (Blue in colour). They are the ones i have had success with.

Have you got the USB to work yet ?

Heres a link to one that definately works

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-SanDisk-2GB-CF-Compact-Flash-Memory-Card-2-GB-2G-US_W0QQitemZ130261404473QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130261404473&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Picture:

CFSandisk.jpg