Red Lion Graphite Series?

**** OLD THREAD ALERT****

I put my hands on a graphite series for the first time today and I have to say I was very impressed. If I did not have to support so many g3 series units I would be changing as quickly as possible. There is a cost delta but I feel it is small compared to the changes you get with the graphite.

Benefits:
1. Easier to install
2. SD card instead of cf
3. Smaller bezel/screen size ratio
3. USB host ports are standard

If I start a new line of equipment I will definitely be using this unit over the g3.

While I agree with all the benefits cited by Califflash, concerning the Graphite HMI, and agree it has a lot of potential......

BUT based on my experience with the Graphite G10, I would hesitate to use another Graphite HMI again, and for time being stick with the G3 HMIs.:(

There is a number of bugs that are outstanding in the Graphite HMI, which don't exist with the G3 HMIs, some of which still exist, despite supposedly resolve with recent Crimson 3 builds.

However my biggest concern is that these seems to be a upgrade bug within the Graphite HMIs, in that if you have a working Graphite HMI & program, and you decided download a new program, or even the same program using a more recent version (Build) of Crimson 3, there is a good chance (50% or higher), that the download/firmware update will fail, and the HMI goes into a cycle of constant reboots. :eek::eek:
Fortunately it is possible to get that HMI working again, if you use the original Crimson 3 Build version (or possibly slightly later version), to successfully download the program, and clear the whatever the problem is.
🤞🏻

The first Graphite HMI was returned to Dan Yost for investigation (no news of that investigation), but it's replacement has displayed virtually the same problem, which makes future support of the site difficult. :confused:

Regards,
Marc

I've used (6) G07's and (3) G15's, and haven't had any issues, and have also used the analog I/O on these without a problem.

Only real problem I've had with firmware updates has been with a black box I use with a G306 and ML1400 to troubleshoot some of the old stuff. Just had to go back one rev on that instance till the next rev came out, and all was cool!

I do have to mention that a few weeks ago I had a network connection problem thru a switch that caused a slight issue with a K7, but it was only slight, and not the K7's fault.

Last edited: