Replacing an iQ-R04 CPU with an iQ-R04EN CPU

cottagewood

Module Configuration in GXworks3,
I have a configuration with an R04 CPU and Slot 0 is empty
Does anyone know how to replace the R04 CPU with an R04EN CPU?.

You would think this would be straight forward.

Under the menu Project/Change Module Type you can select an R04EN but you get an error telling you there is no RJ71EN71 to the right of the CPU.
So I put an _RJ71EN71 in Slot 0 but then get an error telling me that the CPU to used in conjunction with it is not mounted.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/images/smilies/banghead.gif

You need to select the module for slot 0 from "CPU Extension" in the element selection window not from "Network Module"

Yes, it seems when you try to change from R04CPU to a different type, there is a limited choice of CPUs that can be selected, R04EN not included. It seems you need to create a new project with the R04EN, reassign the IO and copy+paste the logic. Sorry for not being able to provide more help.

20220622_GXworks3.png