Reset function on prescan

7iiruzoqya

Does anyone know how the RESET function operates on prescan when the micrologix is first powered up and whn a power cycle occurs?

I am not familar with a function named "RESET" and associated with the Micrologix, except for:

1. The RES function for Timers and Counters, and
2. the Reset on the High Speed Counter Function (HSC).

Is this a new function added to the Micrologix recently, or are you using the word generically?

Last edited:
Perhaps he's talking about the first pass bit.

If you want to reset, unlatch, latch or really anything else on power cycle, initial power up or on transition from program to run, add logic that uses an XIC tied to bit S:1/15. This bit is only true (1) for the first scan after power up, return from power cycle and on transition from program to run.

Shawn

It should not have reset unless it was programmed to reset unless you performed a download when you went back online after you powered it back up. Can you post a copy of your program? You'll need to zip it first using Winzip or 7zip. I'm sure we can find out why it reset.