Router for FactoryTalk Viewpoint?

Beanman

Hey guys i cant find any documentation on whether I need a special router for my application. I need to connect 2 tablets to the control network so they can run FT Viewpoint and use the factory HMIs.

My hunch tells me a standard Cisco router linked below will work, seems like Rockwell does recommend the Stratix 5100 though.

https://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Linksys-E4200-Dual-Band-Wireless-N-Router/dp/B004K1EZDS

Thought Id chime in for some feedback before I recommend the wrong router to a customer...Thanks!

Similar Topics

I am trying to use setup a remote vpn router for external OEM connection. The thing I cannot wrap my head around is the gateway. We use the...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody! I have 2 Mitsubishi Q series PLCs that have built-in IP addresses of 192.168.3.xx and both of them have Ethernet modules...
Replies
Views
I know this can be done, but I can't get the router config right. My goal is to physically connect(using an ethernet cable) a device(PLC, RTU...
Replies
Views
Have anyone done this? I don't see why this wouldn't work but I may be missing something too. Getting any recurring account opened is a pain...
Replies
Views
Have a project coming up which will use a tablet HMI in addition to the two fixed panels. Curious if anyone has a tablet/router/AccessPoint combo...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom