RS Logix 500 software versions new @ old

mer

I work at a block plant and we have 10 machines that run rs logix 500 software we have an older version 6.20 but it works on all the older machines ...We just installed a new wolftech wrapper with a slc 5/03 rs linx will connect but as soon as you try to go on line or upload program an error pops up processor corrupt..we are sure the processor is good and was wondering if our software was out of date any insight would be greatful..thanks Dave..

That sort of error message can show up when the software doesn't recognize the controller's revision and type codes because they're new.

As far as I know there never was a version 6.20 of RSLogix 500, but version 6.30 was released about 9 years ago.

Software upgrades are relatively painless with a TechConnect support contract with Rockwell Automation. Talk to your RA distributor for pricing and terms.

Dave,

I'm up in Lake Lure and can upload the programs if thats all you need, I drive down to Asheville all the time.... also like Ken said if you have a TechConnect contract you can even just update your software via the internet

Mark (aka GiT)