Rs View ME Runtime help

i managed to log onto the old unit today and unfortunately there is no source code, just the runtime, mer file.

i did manage to check the firmware version on the unit,

it is 5.10.08.09.

surely this means if i have the same version on the new unit then the .mer file should run the same?

Ok, You'll need to install version 5.1 then if the original device had a 5.10 firmware on it.

5.0 isn't compatible with 5.1.

Short Answer: No. You'll need to install 5.1.

Long Answer: *IF* you had the .apa, you could recompile it for 6. You don't however.

I am replacing the old unit at my customer with the following
Allen-Bradley 6181F-15tswe, series E.
It runs Windows embedded.

It doesnt come with preloaded rockwell software.

So basically what you saying is if the .mer i have used to run on the old panelview which has a firmware of 5.10, then i need to put 5.10 onto this new panel and the application should work?

Yes, if the .mer was compiled for a 5.1 fw, and was running on a panel w/ a 5.1 fw.

Then yes, barring something unforseen, installing FTV ME 5.1 on your new panel will work.

Sure, you can download it right off the rockwell website. You'll need an active tech connect contract for that serial #.

Alternativly, You could ask your local RA distributor, they might have a disc kicking around.

Ok thanks very much Dravik.

i dont have my tech connect active, tough times, what can i say.
I will try and ask Rockwell tomorrow.

thanks again for your help, much appreciated :)

Hi guys, i just wanted to update on my situation.

i installed 5.1 and it worked straight away :D

My next question is this,

the old panel view has a storage card with recipes on it,
the new unit i replaced it with does not, how do i resolve this issue. Can it be put on a usb?

Also the old unit has the license on it but i cannot see anywhere on the unit a place to re-host the license, IE there is no factory talk activation on the old unit.

How do i transfer the license to the new unit?

If i'm re-reading the thread right -

The old device was a standalone Panelview Plus running 5.1 firmware.

The new device is an IPC, running windows and a copy of Factory Talk View ME 5.1
License wise, The PV+ came with an intergrated license, you cannot transfer this.
You'll need to buy a FactoryTalk View Machine Edition Station Runtime X Displays license I think.

Recipe storage, never tried that. Pretty sure you can save to the computer though.