RSL5000 PID Gains Question

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
Do the gains in the RSL5000 PID instruction work on values in percent or in engineering units?

Trying to help a colleague in the field tune a loop for controlling water flow with a motorized ball valve. Feedback seems good and is close to the valve but I have never used the RSL PID and am trying to get a feeling for the tuning.

Thanks

Norm,
I haven't use the PID in RSL 5K but I have a question about your application. You say you are using a Motorized Ball Valve to control flow. Its it a V-Ball Valve or just a standard ball? If it is a standard Ball you may play hell getting the loop to settle down. Since a standard Ball Valve is not linear flow control can be very difficult. A lot will depend on how fine you want the flow control and how often the look has to make adjustments.

I have had this issue in the past so I thought I would share. Hope it helps.