RSLinx-DH485-PCMK- Blue Death

allscott,

could that "incompatable processor" error be caused if the processor type in the system properites tree in the program does not match up with real world device?
BD

Shouldn't matter, using Who Active Go Online allows you to select any plc that you are connected to. Once selected it will open any file on your PC that matches the unit and program, if new it will open an untitled file with the right processor.

Using the wrong cable could cause problems but verify you have it set to RS232/DF1. Verify you are using the right driver in RSL 500, note a PIC driver can hog the com port and the DF1 driver not work. Also verify you are connected to the proper port and the PC settings match the RSLinx driver settings.

Do not feel bad, I have a GE 90-30 here that I must have done something too, did a store (loaded a program) and now I can not get it to communicate.

Deep breath, eyes wide open.

Because you can use the Autoconfig feature and the controller appears in an RSLinx/RSWho browse, that is good news and indicates the controller's not totally busted.

Usually "incompatible processor" means that the controller has firmware that RSLogix 500 doesn't recognize. Usually that means the controller is newer than RSLogix 500.

Let's examine your version of RSLogix 500 (the current release is version 7.3) and the firmware revision of the controller.

Check the label on the bottom of the controller (the shipped Firmware number should be right next to the "Series A Rev B" label).

Unfortunately RSLinx doesn't show the firmware revision of the controller, only RSLogix 500 does and it's not cooperating right now.

RSLinx does show the controller's program name (empty controllers are called UNTITLED) and the controller mode (mine is in Remote Program right now, yours may read Faulted).

Corrupted firmware

Hey, I did a little RTFM of the thread and the User Manual and found this on page D-2:

When an operating system download is not successful or if the controller does not contain a valid operating system, the controller flashes the Run, Force, and Fault LEDS on and off.

Sounds like maybe a download of the OS will fix this controller right up. The current firmware for the 1764-LSP is Firmware Revision 11, downloadable along with the ControlFlash utility free of charge.

http://www.ab.com/programmablecontrol/plc/micrologix1500/downloads.html