RSlogix 500 File open failed

Greetings...

I know this is an old thread, but perhaps this will help someone. If the folder that the .rss is in (whether directly or nested) has a special character in the folder name (such as ā™¦, ā€¢, or similar), this error will be generated. Move the file to your desktop and try to open. If it opens, then either the folder name structure is corrupted or a special character has been added to a folder name in the tree where it resides. If it does not open, then the file itself is possibly corrupt.

Cheers
Steve

I know this is an old thread but I need to resurrect it! I have the same issue, but in a different way. Same virtual machine we remote into, I can open the file, my co worker can't. Same folder, same everything. Just a different login name but we but 100% for certain have the same user rights on the account.

Is there an error message you can share?
Are you both logged in at the same time when this happens?