RSLogix 5k, Help with locating tags associated with modules?

TL140

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello guys,

So right now we are having some issues with a scanner. We are using Datalogix 8330 connected via RS232 and 2 of the wires are connected to a 1734 232ASC module on a Point IO rack.

We had a few issues with it earlier, getting the thing to communicate. When I came in, I looked at the properties of the module and found the handshaking, data bits, and stop bits numbers were off. I re-Programmed the scanner to fit the settings and it seems to take labels now.

But we are still having a bit of issues. The main issue that they needed it changed is the optical reader was fading and taking longer and longer to scan the labels slowing up production time. The settings on the old one are unknown and are irretrievable.

The old one functioned such as if the correct barcode was scanned, yes it would work. If the wrong type of barcode was scanned, nothing would happen and you could scan the right one and it would still work. Now with the new one, I am unsure what setting it is, but if we scan the wrong barcode, it clogs up the system and cannot be fixed unless the module is reset.

I open my laptop and I am having a very difficult time finding the data blocks and location of the barcode, however I see the module on the controller configurator. Is there a way to search what data is in that specific module and the exact location it is going?

You should be to cross reference components of that module as you see them in the tag browser. The cross reference will steer you to the logic that you care searching for.