RSLogix Firmware Revision

HarleyHetz

So I go to get online with one of MANY processors that we have here in the plant, and RSLogix brings up a message that says the firmware in my offline version does not match the version in the processor. My two options are to upgrade the firmware in the processor, or select a compatible offline file!
I can't update the firmware as the line is running production, is there a way that I can revert my offline file to an older version to match what is in the PLC??? I have the necessary version installed, just not sure if it can even be done, much less where to look for it!!!
Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Sorry, guess I should have mentioned that it is RSLogix 5K

Last edited:
It would be nice if you shared the revision that we are talking about here. Also what versions of software you have installed.

While we are waiting, I'm going to take a guess, the revision is either 20.03 or 21.03?

Just make sure you have installed the software revision matching the firmware one(usually Major match is sufficient except for 20.0x)
If this is the case, within the Offline file, open up the Controller Properties (Right-Click the CPU name on the top of the Project Tree/Properties) and then pick the "Change Controller" button; enter the target CPU Firmware Revision then Apply and OK.
Upon completion you should be able to go Online.

Just make sure you have installed the software revision matching the firmware one(usually Major match is sufficient except for 20.0x)
If this is the case, within the Offline file, open up the Controller Properties (Right-Click the CPU name on the top of the Project Tree/Properties) and then pick the "Change Controller" button; enter the target CPU Firmware Revision then Apply and OK.
Upon completion you should be able to go Online.

Yea, so this worked on two of them, they were both version 17 and the offline file was 15, changed it to 17 and it worked like a champ...the others are 21 and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about those!!