RsLogix5000 V16 Add-Ons

Contr_Conn said:
Switching gear a little:

Did you try these new features?
- Unicast for Ethernet I/O
- Alarm instructions
- 64-bit Long Integers (search for LINT in KB)
- Firmware Supervisor (scary) - no manual yet, search KB

-Unicast?
Care to expand?

I actually made mistake:

Unicast is for Ethernet Produced/Consumed tags only,
I/O unicast is not implemented in ver 16
Before ver 16 prod/cons tags used multicast communications over the ethernet to provide have more than one consumer.
Multicast created problems for some IT networks and did not propogate through the routers
Unicast will allow direct producer/consumer communications

Hi,

I have used 1 Addon block in the Rslogix V16. the block contains two Local timers whose .PRE values were initialised in the Addon logic only.

This block was tested in rslogic Beta V16, and it was working satisfactory. But when same block was used in Rslogix Released V16, The timers were not taking the default values.

if i initialise the values by going in the main program instruction, then it started working.

Have anyone faced this problem, if yes then what would be the solution?