RSNetworxII For Controlnet Crash

asterof

Actual it only crashes when I try to configure
a contrologix chassis in the graphic layout
All other are ok
XPPRO
anyone have a similar problem

While this may be necessary for a PLC-5 system, if you have a CLX system why are you doing this? Once you go online it automatically fills in the module identity. There really isn't any need to do this for the CLX.

But to answer your question, no I don't have this problem. But then again we may not be using the same versions.

OG

Operaghost said:
While this may be necessary for a PLC-5 system, if you have a CLX system why are you doing this? Once you go online it automatically fills in the module identity. There really isn't any need to do this for the CLX.

But to answer your question, no I don't have this problem. But then again we may not be using the same versions.

OG

because you may need to create a file off line or add a module
that is a custom

I do not agree with that statement
There are times when adding a module in
RSLOGIX does not get it write
there does not need to be a link between them
and many times it is better not to link them
that does not solve the issue anyway

asterof

You got correct answer above:
To add any controlnet module to ControlLogix project you must use RSlogix5000.
You use RSnetworks for scheduling only

It sounds likely to me that attempting to insert a ControlNet connection "backwards" using RSNetworx instead of RSLogix 5000 might be the cause of the software crash you describe.

It will help if you post the versions of RSLogix 5000 and RSNetworx for ControlNet you are using, and describe in detail the steps you are taking and the error messages or software behavior you are observing.