RSView Button Greyed out on PV+1000

You need to add a device shortcut in the Window to the left. Next, you highlight the shortcut, then select the PLC on the right, apply.

What you are looking at there is the page to setup communications with a processor. You need to setup a Device Shortcut that RSView will use to connect with a processor and update tag data with. You cannot upload or download from this screen at all. The Local tab will allow you to setup the communications that RSView Studio will use when you test a display or test the entire application. The Target tab is what the .mer file will use when it is downloaded to the HMI. I wouldn't mess with the Target tab until you are comfortable with setting up comms, it can break an HMI program if you aren't careful.

Since you have been through the FTView Studio course, I assume you have been in touch with your local Rockwell distributor. If you happen to be in Central IL, that would be Kirby Risk. Get in touch with them and see if they can spare a little time to walk you through this stuff. They might be able to show you have to upload/download HMI programs (that requires another piece of software), how to setup your communications, and provide you with a path towards upgrading since I don't think anything that you are running is supported by Rockwell anymore (maybe the SLCs, but replacements are not cheap).

If you choose to keep doing this on your own, start by creating a new device shortcut, and call it LOAD AUTOCLAVE. This will bind all of the tags in your HMI tag database to this shortcut (hence {::[LOAD AUTOCLAVE]B15:72/2}). If you know which SLC you should be communicating with, select it in the window on the right. Once you have made the selection, you need to click apply on the bottom left of the window. Click OK and the window should close. You can then test your displays or test your application to see if things seem to be working properly. I wouldn't mess with the Target tab until you are 100% sure you have connected to the correct SLC, loading this into your HMI with the wrong shortcut could leave you in a tight position. Actually, it almost sounds like you might already be in this position. Did you happen to download a different version into your HMI already?

No, I didn't push this into an HMI yet. This plant was shutdown for about a year and I'm trying to bring it online for a new product. The HMI was preconfigured for the second product, but apparently not completely setup. I'll check the comm setup for the previous product, presumably the autoclave is loaded in the same manner.

I'm north of Chicago, I'll reach out to our local distributer. Thank you very much for your help!

Our local distributer has been non-responsive. Can you talk me through this? I'm pretty sure we found the correct SLC and made the shortcut. We compiled a new .mer, got a message saying that it failed to create machine alarm file (.mal) but file was created. I"m going to download it into the HMI with RS Linx Classic Lite