RSView, RSLinx and VBA

servo

Hi,

I am using RSView with RSLinx as OPC server. I have couple of DF1 drivers defined in RSLinx. Problem - When our customer starts the PC, RSLinx starts but some of the DF1 drivers will not start automatically. I was wodering if there is any way that I can check it in RSView through VBA and give a command to start the DF1 drivers in RSLinx from RSView every 15 minutes till the driver is running succesfully. Has anyone tried anything similar to this???

Any help will be apprecaited......

1) Do you have them configured for 'Automatic' startup in the configuration dialog?
2) Are any configured to use the same COM port?
3) Are any devices on the computer trying to access a COM port at boot up (PDA Sync Manager?, UPS Monitor?)
4) Is RSLinx configured as a service? or is it starting from the 'Startup' folder under programs?

Aside from that, I know of no way to remotely start a driver from outside of RSLinx.

1) Yes they are configured for automatic startup.

2) No each device is on seperate COM port. Actually these are virtual COM ports.

3) No other device is trying to use those COM ports.

4) Yes RSLinx is running as service.

As I said above these are virtual COM ports. There is software running on PC that converts virtual COM ports to Ethernet. I am then trying to connect to remote PLC's over internet. Remote PLC's have fixed IP. The problem is when first time RSLinx tries to start the driver and if remote PLC does not epond then RSLinx thinks that the node is dead and never tries again.

If I go back and and manually start the driver (I have to try couple of times) and once it is communicating then it never loses communication.

All I want to do is see if communication is lost then try to start the RSLinx driver from VBA.

Okay, Have you tried:

1) Right click on the driver in the 'Who Browse..' window, select 'Properties'
2) Check off 'Force network type to' and fill in the correct network, probably DF1 Master-Slave
3) Check off 'Use custom browse settings' and increase timeouts and poll rates