RSView32 Ghaphics question?

gizmo

Just thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone can help.

In RSView32 I'm trying to make a 3D pipe change to a color on a certain condition and then change back to the 3D(multi layers/shades of gray) when that condition is not true.

When I animate with COLOR, I can change the line color to Blue (the 3D pipe becomes a blue rectangle) but the "off" state color changes my 3D pipe to a solid rectange of that color. I want the pipe to be blue when valve open and 3D looking when valve closed. I know I can does this with visibility and use 2 pipes, but just curious if there is a way to make Animated OFF Color nothing?

If I haven't confused you enough, let me know and I'll write some more!

Thanks!

I understand your question, but I don't think you can do what you want. The "3D" pipe from the library is really a group of solid objects, with four different shades of gray.

When you animate color, you take away that individual shading and assert just one color to all the objects in the group.

I guess you could break up the group and make four different objects with four different animation assignments... blecch.

To my knowledge there is no "assert/deassert" animation switch that can make one state "do nothing" and another state "assert colors".

Hi

I don't know much about rsview but if it has built in vb then you could make your own pipe and determine your own color with the the backcolor declaration.

for eg if true then
bmp.Fillcolor = vbred
else
bmp.Fillcolor = vbblue

some of the hmi's i have worked with before have vb built into them which will enable you to do this task. :D