RSview32 & Micrlogix 1100

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Has anybody used a MLX 1100 with a RSview 32? If so how did you set up the drivers? My counter part is the HMI guy I am the Logix geek. So I create data, he monitors it good gig for both of us. Until today I used a MLX 1100 and my counter part is trying to use a direct connection but he said that he could not see the data. Anybody have any ideas? I am NOT the HMI guy I can't even spell RSView 32. I am the bit banger so please be easy on me.

If you survived Ron's class then good for you. 🍻

How are you communicating with the ML1100? Are you using the serial port or the ethernet port? There are some special settins for RSLinx when using the ML1100 ehternet port - they are covered in a technote on AB's knowledgebase, you'll have to run a search for it using the ML part number.

We are using Ethernet sorry I forgot you guys are not mind readers.(it would be a short read)

We found another MLX 1100 using direct connections over E-Net with no problems. I am in the middle of setting up a test using(2) 1100 one of them is a Series A and other a B. In the shop our series B does not have any problems our series A does. We are using different computers on the A and B.

In my test I plan on using a single computer to get the same info from the Processors some N & F files. I hope this is what it is if so that's an easy fix.
I will report my findings

although i have never done this, our pc has rsview 32 and is connected to 5 plc's, 1 panelview, and several other items at the same time.

1. each plc will need a specific ip address.
2. on the pc, set up rslinx with an ethernet connection for each ip
address.
3. rsview will also have to be set up with each computer name and addresses you want to monitor.
4. set up alias tags in rsview to transfer data from one plc to the other.

i hope this gets you started.
regards,
james

Horse ---> Water

Have you changed the settings as required for the ML1100 in RSLinx yet?

In RSlinx click on the Communications menu. Select Configure CIP Options. Under the PCCC Encapsulation in CIP tab set both the Max Fast Messaging Connections per PLC and Max Slow Messaging connections per PLC to 1.

I have a bunch of ML1100 PLCs on an ethernet network. I'm not using RSView but I'm using Kepware to get tag data. However the ML1100 does not support tag browsing. Is your HMI guy browsing for tags?

Yes I did change my Linx setup (Unsure about his) but it was not for that reason. It was because of online editing Technote in KB. I had tried to do online edits with them and only got about 50% of them to take. Once I changed those settings Everything went well.

I don't think he is browsing for tags because he wanted the addresses to do "Direct connections" if that is the correct term?

He was babbling something about OPC this OPC that. I try not to get sucked into his world when he starts ranting and raving!!! I am sure most of you all have been there and done that once or twice.

JeffKiper said:
I don't think he is browsing for tags because he wanted the addresses to do "Direct connections" ...

I am a novice with RSview/FactoryTalk Studio, but I think by "direct tag" your partner meant he is browsing for tags...

Be sure to mention the comment by Norml to him...that he cannot browse the PLC for tags, he must manually enter them.

JeffKiper said:
He was babbling something about OPC this OPC that. I try not to get sucked into his world when he starts ranting and raving!!! I am sure most of you all have been there and done that once or twice.

I was about to suggest trying an OPC server next. 🍺

Thanks for all the pointers. He did manuallu enter them and used a OPC to make it happen. All H*LL Broke loose Yesterday so I did not get to test my 2 1100 and see if it was a FRN problem or not.

After we complete a Risk Asssesment on a robot cell I can get the test running and report back.

Thanks for all of your time!!!

JAK