RSView32 with OpenOffice Ca;c

nikhilec2007

Hi,
Has anyone ever tried reading data from Open Office Calc (Similar to Excel) using RSView32 or FTView SE (VBA).
If yes, please guide me...

Last edited:
Hi,
Has anyone ever tried reading data from Open Office Calc (Similar to Excel) using RSView32 or FTView SE (VBA).
If yes, please guide me...

Open office has an option to save in Excel format. I haven't tried to do what you're doing but if the document format is the issue then you could try that route to see if it helps.

I am not quite sure about VBA, but upto my knowledge, we need to connect to excel object to read data and excel needs to be installed in same pc. Is thare any way to read excel file without installing excel in pc.

Open office has an option to save in Excel format. I haven't tried to do what you're doing but if the document format is the issue then you could try that route to see if it helps.

A long time ago, I looked into this with DDE, but since OpenOffice used (at that time) a form of Basic very different than VBA, I had to research the syntax and do things differently. I ended up finding that some other person had hit a brick wall with the communications, and I was just experimenting so I stopped.

That was in about 2006, so things may have evolved since then.

EDIT: I have no time to read this thread, but see where it leads:

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=39364

Last edited: