RSView32 wont write to Micro 1100

philloder

I am having issues writing to micrologix 1100 from RSView 32
I am communicating through ETHERNET/IP and can see the plc data and can do a momentary action on a bit"b3/0" but can not toggle the bit or write to and data file "t4:0.pre, N7:0".I am programming in RSLogix 500 and can read, write, and program with no problem. I heard that having logix on line during view control can cause a conflict and have shut down logix for the tests. I don't get any errors when using the numeric input control in veiw when looking at the log file.
Here is the setup.
RSVIEW32 version 7.2, RSlinx version 2.500.20
Micrologix 1100 1763-LBWA frm 5.0 rev B Ser B
Linx is setup with a topic pointing to the processor and using maximum packets for ethernet is unchecked per allen bradler due to exceeding the packet limitation of the micro 1100.
View is setup where the node is RSlinx OPC Server and is using the inprocess check box. As I stated If I setup a button to toggle bit B3/0 it does not change, If I use a momentary on when pressed it functions as it should. Numeric input wont work at all. I can however change the numeric input using the webserver screen function through explorer.
I have disables all firewalls and vvirus checkers and am hooked to the plc through a wireless router, and have also hooked up with a crossover cable.
I have a call in to AB but they have not been able to help so far. I also have purchased a second micro for another project and am going to see if it responds the same way.
I am running out of time for this project and the customer in getting worried.
Phil

Greetings Phil and welcome to the forum.

First off, I run RSLogix along side RSView32 (both on the same computer and on seperate computers) and simultaneously access the PLC with both at the time - I've never had a conflict doing that. We have situations where multiple copies of RSView32 are accessing data from the PLC at the same time and also have never had any problems connecting in Logix (but I haven't tried that with the ML1100).

When you entered the address for a tag did you type it in, or did you browse for the tag? With OPC servers the address is preceeded with the OPC server name in brackets, eg [XXXX]B3:0/0

I clicked on the browse dots and let the system fill in the address. the topic shows up in brackets along with the address. I stopped the project and then restarted. It still wont change the value on the numeric input.

Alaric said:
Greetings Phil and welcome to the forum.

When you entered the address for a tag did you type it in, or did you browse for the tag? With OPC servers the address is preceeded with the OPC server name in brackets, eg [XXXX]B3:0/0

I think it should look like,{::[XXXXX]b3:0/0}

That has always worked for me

It appears to me that you have newly entered the Tag.

To register the tag with RSView the project will need restarted, or the computer rebooted.

It may also be holding and running on a cache file that it does not want to let go of, that sometimes happens when tags are edited