RTD input card (1769-IR6)

adamp

Hello, im using a mircologix 1500 plc with a 1769-IR6 rtd input card. I am having trouble getting the readings from the rtds to displays as values in rslogix 500. Any feedback or information on this would be greatly appricated. Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum!

What Scaling Type have you selected in the IR6 Card?

What form do you want the Values to display in?

Stu.....

Thanks for the reply.
Ive selected raw/proportional for the data format and upscale for an open circuit condition. Which is the value currently being displayed on the screen. Im not sure which scaling type i have selected. My main problem is getting any value from the rtd to display in a MOV having source as I:3.0 and dest as N7:1. Once i can get a value to display within this function i think ill be able to figure out the scaling.

Post your .rss file, zip it first.

Are you getting any reading at all, if so what?

What type of RTD (PT100 or ???)? 2 wire ,3 wire, 4 wire?

My main problem is getting any value from the rtd to display in a MOV having source as I:3.0 and dest as N7:1.

is the Source of the MOV command changing - but the Destination doesn't? ...

if the MOV command is in a "new" subroutine (ladder) file, make sure that you've included a JSR (Jump to Subroutine) instruction on an unconditional rung back in Ladder File #2 ...

When I check across the exc and sense inputs on the card im reading 108 ohms which is about the right reading at room temp. I think my problem is I:3.15 will not stay at 1 which enables the channel.

No, the source and destination value are the same. Which is the upscale value of 32767. Also there is a JSR in place. I have even tried bringing in the value on lad 2 with no luck

When I check across the exc and sense inputs on the card im reading 108 ohms which is about the right reading at room temp. I think my problem is I:3.15 will not stay at 1 which enables the channel.

I:3.CH#/15 is part of the Measured Value, not the Enable Bit. The IR6 Card Setup is done in the I/O Configuration for the ML1500.

Can you Post your PLC Program? (Zip it first)

Stu....