RTD's for SLC500 example

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day. New to slc500 programming, have never programmed it for analog addresses (inputs). The inputs turn-on and off industrial tank heaters. I have tried, unsuccessfully, all day to get it to work! Would anyone have any advice or even a sample rung or two would be greatly appreciated.

is there any way that you can post your RSS program file? ...

(no offense intended, but it seems like we've asked this before) ...

we'd love to help you with the questions that you're asking - but we could literally write a book on how to handle analog signals - and we don't even know at this point what types of modules you're using ... different hardware requires different answers ...

if you can NOT post the program just say so – and we'll try to come up with another line of attack ... I assure you it will be a LOT more difficult and time-consuming at your end – and at ours – but we WILL try to help ...

on the other hand, if you're allowed to ZIP the RSS file and post it, we can probably help you with a minimum of time and effort ...

the more we know – the more we can help ...

PS Edit ... if you can post the program, please also tell us EXACTLY what type of RTDs you're using ... in most cases, you can't set up the module configuration without knowing that information ...

Last edited:
Ceiling can you clarify one thing In your above post? You mentioned you want to turn on Outputs with an Input card? with the statement " The inputs turn-on and off industrial tank heaters. "o_O
Ron is right we need to know a lot more of whats involved before we can answer that.

Last edited:
Ceiling can you clarify one thing In your above post? You mentioned you want to turn on Outputs with an Input card? with the statement " The inputs turn-on and off industrial tank heaters. "o_O

I'm pretty sure that he means, through the logic, these analog inputs (RTD = Temperature Input) will control the outputs which turn on/off the tank heaters.

LOL didn't think of it that his way of asking tripped me up I guess no offense we will gladly guide you on, but we do need to know more details lol

Tharon is correct. The logic will turn the heaters on and off, using inputs from RTD's. I'm trying to figure out how to upload my program here. Thanks for your patience.