run problem with S5 cpu 135u 928B

I don't use PG2000 much, but I think you can switch between how you want to show the line numbers. You have probably selected bytes, and therefore you get double values of your line numbers. So 1E x 2 = 3C, that means it is the AN = TAKT -line that makes the ADF. The =TAKT is a formal operand, and it has an argument you cannot see inside the FB139, but have to look in the calling block to find.

Here I have done a cross reference of the FB139, and it is called twice in PB3. You see that I 31.0 is passed to the TAKT-input in the first call and I 31.1 in the second call. Only the first call was tried executed and then the cpu stopped.

There is possibly something wrong with your input card contenting the IB31. Put big effort in checking out the connections, specially the 24V supply.

It looks to me as PB3 is the first block called from OB1 that reads an input. That means that no other inputs are read before this ADF happened and you cannot say if it is only this card, or there is something wrong with more or all cards.
Again the power supply is my main suspect.

What you could do is to write a code in top of the OB1 like this:

Find a spare flagbyte, MBx ( or FYx, dependant of language?)

L KB1
T FYx
A I x.0 this is the first input of the first DI card

L KB2
T FYx
A I y.0 this is the first input of your next DI card

L KB3
T FYx
A Q z.0 this is the first output of the first DQ card
= Q z.0

... and so on. I hope you can see the pattern.

When the CPU stops, you can read the first card that failed in MBx (FYx?).

After that, change the order of the lines, and see if it is the same card that is failing next time.

Good luck!

Kalle

fb139.jpg

Hey thank you, I'll check it. Anyway, I've changed input card for that address and gave me the same error. In addition, I changed the I31.0 in the program to other inputs in other Input cards. it gave me the address of that card. In the end, I think the problem is power supply as you said. I've check the BUS Test on the power supply. I've had 24V but no 15V. I've decided to try another power supply. By the way, I'll check the DB235 (y)

Hey thank you, I'll check it. Anyway, I've changed input card for that address and gave me the same error. In addition, I changed the I31.0 in the program to other inputs in other Input cards. it gave me the address of that card. In the end, I think the problem is power supply as you said. I've check the BUS Test on the power supply. I've had 24V but no 15V. I've decided to try another power supply. By the way, I'll check the DB235 (y)

:unsure: I THINK the 15V might be optional and (only?) used for powering the AUI-port of the ethernet cards CP535/143.

Kalle

Hi,
I've changed the power supply but the problem remains and the error was the same.In addition,I've checked the DB235 but all the data was zero (KH=0000). One more thing, when I use EPROM the error has changed and it became LZF(run time error).I don't know what to do?:(
Bests,
Iman

Dear kalle
I've forgotten to say about the cod that you have writen before (
L KB1
T FYx
A I x.0 this is the first input of the first DI card

L KB2
T FYx
A I y.0 this is the first input of your next DI card

L KB3
T FYx
A Q z.0 this is the first output of the first DQ card
= Q z.0
)
I don't understand it very well. Should I use all these three parts together? If I want to test just input cards, again shoud I use the Qz.0??? And how can I read the FY for finding fualt in the input cards?
icon10.gif

Iman

If you have detected that it's several cards that fails, I see no reason to put in this code anymore.

However, I could try to explain:

The purpose was to check one input and one output from each card. A reading of a faulty card will cause a stop. When the CPU stops, you can see the contents of FYx in the monitor variables menu. The number points to the assignment of FYx just before the request of the card that caused the cpu to stop. There is no 'medicine' in this, just a way to find out which card(s) that fails. After a card is detected as faulty, move the according 3(4) lines so that this faulty card is processed as the last card. Wait for the next stop...

Kalle

If you have detected that it's several cards that fails, I see no reason to put in this code anymore.

However, I could try to explain:

The purpose was to check one input and one output from each card. A reading of a faulty card will cause a stop. When the CPU stops, you can see the contents of FYx in the monitor variables menu. The number points to the assignment of FYx just before the request of the card that caused the cpu to stop. There is no 'medicine' in this, just a way to find out which card(s) that fails. After a card is detected as faulty, move the according 3(4) lines so that this faulty card is processed as the last card. Wait for the next stop...

Kalle
Have you read my previous post that I've changed the power supply? However, I've found some interesting things. As you have said before, the first input address that CPU tried to read was I31.0. I've changed it from I31.2 to I79.0. I79.0 is located on one of the expansion cards and it isn't in the main rack. This time OP-reg have shown the next input I34.2 (C222). Again, I've changed it to I81.0 that located on that expansion card too. This time OP-reg became DA97. I couldn't interpret this machine code (DA97).I've attache the picture of ISTAK in the last try. I think main rack have some problems. Could you please tell me about DA97 and your idea about main rack?
Thank you so much in advance
Iman

da97.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a cut from the operations list.

Closest to DA97 is the D880 meaning "= A0.0"
DA97 should thus be the command "= A 23.2"

I have no Step5 at hand, so I cannot check PB3 if it is correct.

Kalle

mccode.jpg

Here is a cut from the operations list.

Closest to DA97 is the D880 meaning "= A0.0"
DA97 should thus be the command "= A 23.2"

I have no Step5 at hand, so I cannot check PB3 if it is correct.

Kalle
Yes you are right. The next I/O operand in PB3 is A23.0(Q23.0). So it seems all the I/O in the main rack have problem. What do you think? It is unusual, isn't it?

Yes, it is unusual.

What about the cabinet temperature?

Did you log/scope the 5V and 24V?

A card can be jamming the bus, there could be cupper fragments in the cards or rack, there could be cold soldering. I have heard of broken backplane circuits, can happen if the rack has had tough environment (vibrations or shock). There could be an output short-circuiting the 24V and thus killing itself and the other cards enable voltage, a faulty input or sensor could do the same. What could it NOT be?

How often does it stop? Is there a pattern?

Kalle

Is it logical to see the case with this view? Because the mentioned inputs have used in watchdog and they are in an inappropriate condition(on or off)then PLC doesn't run.