run problem with S5 cpu 135u 928B

The Q23.2 (A23.2, German) is in PB3,Segment 2, it shows in the snapshot in post #16.

That means that I 31.0 and I 34.2 has been executed without ADF, and this time it fails on the command '= Q 23.2'.

Kalle

Yes, it is unusual.

What about the cabinet temperature?

Did you log/scope the 5V and 24V?

A card can be jamming the bus, there could be cupper fragments in the cards or rack, there could be cold soldering. I have heard of broken backplane circuits, can happen if the rack has had tough environment (vibrations or shock). There could be an output short-circuiting the 24V and thus killing itself and the other cards enable voltage, a faulty input or sensor could do the same. What could it NOT be?

How often does it stop? Is there a pattern?

Kalle
Since I've downloaded the program into the PLC it ran for one week without a special problem.Just anytime I turned on the machine I should have used a COLD Restart to run the PLC.However for the first time it gave me the ADF but after another restart it ran. But after one week it didn't run anymore and anytime it gave me the ADF error.Have you seen my idea about watchdog in my last post?
Iman

The Q23.2 (A23.2, German) is in PB3,Segment 2, it shows in the snapshot in post #16.

That means that I 31.0 and I 34.2 has been executed without ADF, and this time it fails on the command '= Q 23.2'.

Kalle
Yes, but notice that I've changed the I31.0 and I34.2 to I79.0 and I81.0 respectively(These inputs are located in another rack (ET100)). Then, it stopped on Q23.2 that is on main rack again.

Is it logical to see the case with this view? Because the mentioned inputs have used in watchdog and they are in an inappropriate condition(on or off)then PLC doesn't run.

If a watchdog handshake fails, you can stop the cpu on purpose by calling the STP / STS command. But you get an ADF - it is a 'greeting' from the operative system - and it allways seem to point to a card in your rack that is adressed, but does not respond. IT IS A HARDWARE ERROR!

The error OBs from OB23 upwards was put into your cpu to avoid that the CPU stops. It calls FB235 and stores some BS registers for later examination, and stores/restores the flag area. Also OB19 is put in, and this is an evil OB that forces the cpu to run even if there are missing blocks. And missing DBs. Dangerous in my opinion, but irrelevant for your error problems.

Soooo, if you have logged the 24V and 5V through one or more stops without finding an error, I think it is time to start changing the rack, cpu and cards. One by one till it runs stable again.

Kalle

I'm going to check all the HARDWARE but one another funny thing is when I use EPROM instead of RAM it gave me LZF (run time) error. Do you know what the reason is?

Hello again,
I've searched a lot to find a document about the rack of PLC s5 135 u. But I couldn't find anything. Can anybody help me to find a document or data sheet of the rack? The exact part number is 6ES5135-3UA11
Thank you in advance
Iman

Thank all of you

Hey guys,
I've forgotten to thank you for your remedies and guide lines. Finally, we've solved the problem and the plc has run and now it works perfectly. We had two problems, one of them is related to power supply of the I/Os,as Kalle has said before,and the other one laid on the soldering of back panel of main rack. Anyway I really thank you for your time and consideration.
Iman
icon7.gif