S7-300 First Ethernet Connection

If you have managed to download the code to the PLC, then you can upload to STEP7. But, there will be no comments or symbols !

Dont tell me you have worked for weeks and not done any backups.

I probably did a backup midway through my project and was about to do another backup today. Unfortunately midway was at least 2 weeks ago.

I will try an upload and see what happens...

I am sorry if my post could be interpreted that way.

When you deleted the S7 PLC, did you get a message prompting to delete code blocks as well ? If you said no to this there will be a backup folder with the code.

edit: I backup my projects at least daily. If I work intensively on something I backup several times each day.

I am sorry if my post could be interpreted that way.

When you deleted the S7 PLC, did you get a message prompting to delete code blocks as well ? If you said no to this there will be a backup folder with the code.

I do not remember answering this question. How can I find this? I just tried an upload. It looks like it only uploaded my netpro config. The simatic 300 station does show up again but I still see nothing in the simatic manager.

You only got to downloading the HW config, not the code blocks. So there is nothing to upload.

I do not remember answering this question. How can I find this?
It will be in the Simatic Manager as an "S7 Program" where the CPU used to be. You cant miss it if it is there.

I am afraid that your code is lost !
I shall refrain from posting some smart remark about learning the hard way.
(I have been in a similar situation where my backup from several weeks onsite commisioning got lost because I overwrote it with another project).

You only got to downloading the HW config, not the code blocks. So there is nothing to upload.

(I have been in a similar situation where my backup from several weeks onsite commisioning got lost because I overwrote it with another project).

But...you said there was some way to retrieve my code? From some folder?

It will be in the Simatic Manager as an "S7 Program" where the CPU used to be. You cant miss it if it is there.

Are you sure I only downloaded my HW config? I watched it download the code blocks with my own eyes. I saw each of the DB's that I defined named, with the progress bar filling as the download happened...

Looks like my last backup was 12/28. :(

I just tried to do the same thing in one of my projects - deleting an S7 station in NetPro.

You do get a dialog box with the text "Do you want to delete the program xxxxxx assigned to the module yyyyy", and it defaults to "No".

Well... I was able to upload and get all my blocks and programming back. But yeah, I have no comments, of course. Maybe I can get most of my comments from my last backup somehow....

I just tried to do the same thing in one of my projects - deleting an S7 station in NetPro.

You do get a dialog box with the text "Do you want to delete the program xxxxxx assigned to the module yyyyy", and it defaults to "No".

I believe you. Sometimes I click without reading.

Please do this:
Start a new empty project.
Then use the function in Simatic Manager ... PLC .. Upload Station to PG. Specify the IP address, rack = 0 and slot = 2.
If you are lucky you will see the blocks being uploaded.
The use the function in Simatic Manager ... File ... Backup (!).

edit: OK, I see you at least got your blocks uploaded.

Please do this:
Start a new empty project.
Then use the function in Simatic Manager ... PLC .. Upload Station to PG. Specify the IP address, rack = 0 and slot = 2.
If you are lucky you will see the blocks being uploaded.
The use the function in Simatic Manager ... File ... Backup (!).

edit: OK, I see you at least got your blocks uploaded.

I see File then Archive... Same thing? Maybe different software versions?

Wow, I am still in shock. I might leave the office early and go to the bar. :(

OK, final advice for today.

Save the backup under a new project name.
Use the compare function to compare all blocks in the two projects, the renamed uploaded project and the old backup.
A list of differences will show up.
For all the code blocks, use the Go To function to get a split screen detailing the differences between the two code files.
Then copy-paste the difference from the uploaded project to the backup project.
In this way you get the comments lined up with the right rungs and get the most recent code version.
If there are not so many differences it is not such a big job.

OK, final advice for today.

Save the backup under a new project name.
Use the compare function to compare all blocks in the two projects, the renamed uploaded project and the old backup.
A list of differences will show up.
For all the code blocks, use the Go To function to get a split screen detailing the differences between the two code files.
Then copy-paste the difference from the uploaded project to the backup project.
In this way you get the comments lined up with the right rungs and get the most recent code version.
If there are not so many differences it is not such a big job.

OK, thanks for all the help. Maybe I only set myself back a day or two vs. 2 weeks. First time using this software and I'm in foreign territory. I need to be more careful! o_O