S7-300 First Ethernet Connection

Not able to Browse MAC addresses

Hello,

I have two adapters on my PC, but I have chosen TCP/IP with the correct adapter on "Set PG/PC Interface".

Even so, I am not able to browse MAC addresses on "Edit Ethernet Node". I have tried disabling Fast search. And I have tried connecting the adapter to both a ProfiNet IO Device and to the Siemens PLC, neither of them gets seen.

Also, I am able to ping the PLC from my PC.

Please help.

Thanks,
Srikant

Try to remove everything else but the S7 CPU and the PC. Connect with a direct cable. I have seen that some other device that was not configured could mess up the scan for MAC addresses.

Jesper, I have disconnected and also disabled other network cards. I had only the PLC, directly connected to the PC, but it still didn't help. :(

I am able to download to the PLC from the HW Config window.

I was earlier changing device name for IO Devices from the Edit Ethernet Node window -- I would connect the IO Device to the PC, and after browsing, I would change the IP and name as needed. Now I'm not able to do that!