s7 going online via profibus

andybeesley

I've recently aquired a job where several s7 plcs are connected via profibus. I can get online ok individually thru the mpi but can i access all of them via one plc using the profibus connection?

I'm presumimg you meant going on-line with more than one PLC from a single PC.

The answer is yes definately via ethernet, profibus I believe so, but not definately sure.

EDIT:

With ethernet it is also possible for more than one PC to connect to a single PLC.

Profibus Works

I regularly use two S7-400 PLC's and two PC's all connected via Profibus using CP 5613 or CP5613 A2 cards in the PC's.
The PC's each run Step7 and Citect SCADA and any device can
communicate with all the others.

andybeesley said:
I've recently aquired a job where several s7 plcs are connected via profibus. I can get online ok individually thru the mpi but can i access all of them via one plc using the profibus connection?
Yes, you can. For example, I have 1 CPU313 as master and 3 ET200S CPU as slaves in one project. I can watch all of them in online through MPI/DP adapter connected to any point of DP network.

... and with S7-400s definitely (though I'm not sure about which S7-300s support it) you can use the PLC as a router e.g. connect to the PLC via Ethernet and route out over Profibus to the individual devices.

Ken