Save long term data from PLC

My limited experience with storing long-term data:
Members in meetings requested that we store defined data at a defined interval.
The data was stored.
The data was stored.
and
The data was stored.

That was all that was done with the data. No one wanted to do anything with it -- not even the requesting members...

Do you have a committed consumer for your stored data?

In my case, storing the data for all sorts of data mining/process displaying sounded great in a meeting, but no consumers materialized and the data capturing stagnated.

I've been through this many times over the years. I usually provide a report or two with the collected data then see they have no interest. After that I step away and watch the process Store Data, Repeat.

If your looking for interface hardware, I would suggest the Red Lion Data Station.
They can hold years of data when you add a Memory Card.
They also allow you to remote in using the Wed Server option, then you can format the data into pin graphs that management can see. They also allow you to export the data to CVS files.
https://www.redlion.net/products/in...ollers-and-data-acquisition/data-station-plus

My only issue with the DSP is that it cannot send emails with a secure connection. This is a deal breaker for me, and I've switched to datalogging with AdvancedHMI reading the plc tags and writing the CSV. It could also easily write to SQL, I just prefer to use CSV because I already know how to do it and setting up a SQL server has always been a pain in the neck for me.

There is a SQL card for control logics if memory serves but $$$
Might be better with a redlion or Kepserver to set up to feed to SQL

Could also use a Node-Red if its only few points to interface from AB to SQL