Saving Data

jpfletcher

How can you save data from the plc program to the HMI screen? For example I'm creating fixed positions or movements in a recipe. I'd like to save a new position in a cell or button for future use. I'm using micrologix 1400 and a Red lion g306 HMI.

Red Lion Crimson 3 software has 'Internal' Tags that can be configured to be Retentive.

If you move a value from a PLC-connected Tag or another internal Tag into a tag that's set to be Retentive, it will keep that value through a power cycle.

You can use an ordinary Button with a Change Value action to set that tag, or use an assignment operator inside a program or Action (like "Saved_Value := Current_Value").

Crimson also supports Array Tags, so you can store multiple values and index through them relatively easily.

You can also read and write basic file I/O if you want to store those "recipes" as TXT or CSV files on the CompactFlash card of the G306.