searching HMI(+plc) of any brand

MBS

Hi everybody!
I am in search of an HMI of any brand. The requirements are:
1) The product must be able to send ASCII commands via the serial RS232-interface to a connected camera by pressing a button at the touchscreen of the HMI (necessary requirement)
2) The screen of the HMI must be programmable, so that I can decide which/how many buttons to implement (necessary requirement)
3) It must be a relative cheap solution because I need the HMI only for sending ASCII-commands: maximum ca.650€/950$ list price (necessary requirement)
4) It would be useful if the device had two serial outputs (optional requirement)
5) Technical service for the product should not be bad (optional requirement)

Can you recommend a product to me which meets these demands?

Thank you for your efforts in advance!
MBS

Hi everybody!
I am in search of an HMI of any brand. The requirements are:
1) The product must be able to send ASCII commands via the serial RS232-interface to a connected camera by pressing a button at the touchscreen of the HMI (necessary requirement)
2) The screen of the HMI must be programmable, so that I can decide which/how many buttons to implement (necessary requirement)
3) It must be a relative cheap solution because I need the HMI only for sending ASCII-commands: maximum ca.650€/950$ list price (necessary requirement)
4) It would be useful if the device had two serial outputs (optional requirement)
5) Technical service for the product should not be bad (optional requirement)

Can you recommend a product to me which meets these demands?

Thank you for your efforts in advance!
MBS
Take a look at Horner.
Pretty much everything you asked for is included.
Not sure what the European site is but here's the US link:
http://www.heapg.com/
Hope this helps.

Quick reminder:
If you don't need build-in I/O they sell units without.
You pay less for it but still get all of the above.

If you check out the Red Lion units, look at their Kadet series also. These are lower-cost units but will do everything you specified including dual serial ports with ASCII capability.

I'm testing the crimson-software for the G306K these days. But I've got two questions about the crimson 3:

1) Are the ASCII-commands (e.g. "lih on") put in the first field of the data source of a string-tag while the source is configured as "general"?
2) Do I have to set a communication port (the RS232-interface) for the mentioned string-tag or how does the string-tag "know" which port and therefor protocol he should use for communication with the camera?