Sensor Wiring question

Page view

So, depending on what source you are using, a common reference point of 0v will have to be attached to COM. Your blue or white wire (to be determined by you) needs to be placed at a +24vdc reference and the remaining wire landed on the desired input ie X0.

The PLC does have it's own 24vdc source should you require it.

Last edited:
Ok thanks everyone. I have it wired and it's working as I thought it would. I'm getting the 20vdc for about 18 seconds and 0vdc for about 3 second which is perfect. Now I have to program this thing to do what I need it to do which is the next big task.

I must determine the millisecond time between 20vdc ON to the next 20vdc ON. Once I have that I need to get that information to my computer so I can process it and save it to my database. So really at this point of this project I don't have a use for the outputs of the PLC. Our goal is only to record cycle times at this point.

I'd love it IF the PLC could record the cycle time and submit this information to my HTTP web service. Then life would be easy, however, I have the feeling I'll have to do something at a much lower level to accomplish what I'm trying to accomplish.

Any thoughts?