Sercos Servo problems after firmware upgrade

AJZ

A Controllogix L55 system with Ultra3000 SERCOS drives was upgraded from V12.4 to V15.5.
Now one servo will fault for position error as soon as a Motion Axis Stop command is given. (E19 on the drive 7-segment display) Even when the position error tolerance limit is 100x the actual following error, I am still getting this error
What should I check for in the program when upgrading?

I am at home now and cannot post part of the code.

I recently did something similar with no adverse results:
upgraded a version 10 L55 system to Version 15 L61. System has 5 Ultra 3K's on sercos. The Ultras were at a variety of rev levels from 1.1x to 1.2x. We also updated all of them to 1.5 - had to use Ultraware and serial connection. Now that they are at that level, future upgrades can be done over the sercos link.

Attached are two rungs were the problem is occuring. As soon as the two .PC bits come on in rung 15 (by looking at the computer screen) the system faults for position error. The second MAM instruction on rung 16 indicates an error. This logic is working fine with V12 but after upgrading to V15 and downloading the program after converting it, the problem appears.
The code was written years ago by another company. Is there something with the code that may cause the problem?

We ran into this a while back. Try saving the 12.4 version as a .L5K file then create a new project in V15 then import the .L5K file.

After spending a couple hours trying to figure out what is going on, V12 was put back in the PLC and everything is fine.

Currently, I suspect the problem is the homing operation. The servos are homed using the passive mode using a switch. The offset is about 1408 but the encoder is set-up to roll over at 1500. I suspect that V15 does not like this. I suggested to move the homing switch and change the offset to 0 or close to 0.

All the Ultras must run the latest firmware to avoid such issues.
Plus, the Sercos card in the chassis.
You can do it without having to use the serial cable, just flash all the drives using Control Flash and the Sercos card.
This should take care of the hardware issues.
If you do have unsupported code from V12 to V15 you will get erors, you have to manually correct what will come up as an error.

I still don't understand why people buy the Ultras with a sercos when for about the same money you can get a Kinetix system.
Never had any issues with Kinetix, now on the other hand, Ultras....I better not add what comes to mind!!