serial port interfacing through scada

arclivin

our dmx controller dac quad supplied by gilder fluke has RS232 serial port on it.The manufacturer is saying that our controller will accept and respond to serial port commands.
Now this system has to be interfaced to a profibus so that it can be monitored through scada.
Should they have to run hyperterminal/terminal software in their scada software or they can do it through some other way

the manufacturer is saying as this

The serial port commands start on page 47 of the DAC-QUAD Manual.

You can talk to the DAC-QUAD from any device that has an Rs-232 serial port on it.

The commands are all standard ASCII characters. They can be typed form a keyboard.

To select a show, you send the DAC-QUAD a * (0x2A), followed by the ASCII HEXadecimal number of the show you would like the DAC-QUADto play (“00” to “FF’).

To tell the DAC-QUAD to start playing the show, you send it a loop command “ (0x22)

To query the status of the DAC-QUAD, send it a ‘i00’ (0x69 0x30 0x30)

from the scada how this commands can be sent please help

Welcome to the Forum !

The method to connect this instrument via Profibus to your SCADA system or DCS controller depends on the SCADA system or DCS controller.

Is this a Profibus DP, Profibus PA, or Profinet network ?

Is this a Siemens PLC, or maybe a DeltaV controller, or some other sort of DCS or SCADA system ?

My preferred Profibus DP to RS-232 ASCII device is the HMS Fieldbus Communicator.

its a honeywell system scada and my system is a dmx controller that can be programmed to sent dmx signals for controlling a dancing fountain